Our Speaker’s care and want to extend their support to you during this time of uncertainty. As we were all affected by COVID-19, The Signature CEO Conference was postponed and with the support of our Speakers they still want to extend a reach to each of you and share advice on how you can pivot through this temporary disruption of our businesses.
We had the opportunity to do a LIVE Facebook Interview with Speaker, TICORA DAVIS of The Creator’s Law Firm. Ticora helps entrepreneurs protect their smarts so they can grow their business with peace of mind. The Creator’s Law Firm has helped hundreds of business owners secure their brand and proudly boasts a 97% success rate for trademark registrations. During our conversation she highlighted, “Top 5 COVID-19 Contractual Tips”:
- Get everything in writing! (I just spoke with a seasoned event planner who paid a friend $15K to record his conference. He paid in full – no contract. Now his event cannot happen due to COVID, no contract, and videographer is not trying to provide a refund…only a credit). Ensure contracts are drafted w/your best interest in mind.
- Force majeure clauses are needed
- Commercial impracticability/impossibility of performance clauses are rarely included (this could’ve saved tons of businesses from covid)
- Anticipate having to move venues/cancellations, etc. – have clauses where you reserve the right to transition an in-person event (i.e., conference) to virtual event to reschedule
- Payment plans with unique terms tied to every payment are a MUST. This will minimize the justification for refunds and a court will most likely be on your side more.
Click on the video below to hear the details of the (5) tips!