TARA MELVIN has been characterized as a Creative Entrepreneur Warrior and the Olivia Pope of Events! The concept of TSCEO & EITB was intentional and purposefully created to welcome a harmonious environment for like-minded Creatives who are innovators and have keen business savvy to unite and discover great content to be exceptional leaders, excel at business acumen, expand their professional network to build genuine relationships, and to reach their highest potential in the world of business and entrepreneurship!
In 2004, Tara created Perfect Planning Events and Signature Concepts, L.L.C., an event planning and management company that offers a complete array of services to cover all facets of event planning for upscale weddings, social and corporate events, from start to finish. Tara is active within the creative industry serving as:
- Founder & Organizer of The Signature C.E.O. Conference platform
- Founder & President/CEO of The National Society of Black Wedding & Event Professionals (NSBWEP)
- Founder & Mentor of The Executive Wedding Planner Mentor Program
- Member of The Washington Business Journal Book of Lists F
- Former President of the Association of Wedding Professionals of Greater Washington, DC for five (5) consecutive years
- Networking Event Organizer for Thursday Therapy Network DC
- 2015 Munaluchi Bridal Magazine Ambassador
- 2016-2015 WeddingWire Ambassador.
As an Industry Professional, Tara has the esteemed reputation as an industry leader and innovator who exemplifies boldness to breaking boundaries, champions for the professional growth of others in the industry, and galvanizes to create a positive impact for the industry as a whole.